Monday, April 5, 2010

Resurrection Celebration! {lots of detailes}

What a wonderful occasion Easter is. We had a wonderful weekend.

Friday night, we went to Tuscaloosa in search for some last minute items. My kids had out-grown every single pair of shoes they owned. I knew Sawyer had a growth spurt but he and Carys needed new kick. The mall {as you might imagine} was pretty packed.

But the kids were well behaved and we made it out the doors of the mall BEFORE they locked us in:) Carys found the "perfect" dress. She impressed many onlookers with her shopping skills. When she saw the dress she gasped and exclaimed "It is everything I was looking for in my dress!" I needed help getting up off the floor of The Children's Place I was laughing so hard!

Saturday morning we boiled and dyed our eggs. We decided to try out our own {brown} eggs this year. I am SO glad we did. I was charging my camera so I used Justin's for the egg dying. I have to find his cord to download the pics but you guys MUST see these eggs. I like to use the little cups that you add a tablet, water, and vinegar to. They are less messy and a breeze to clean up. I only bought one pack this year. So the kids had to share and take turns WAITING for the other one's eggs to be removed. So, I decided to implement a system.

First, we talked at length about Easter. Thankfully, the kids have a pretty good grip on Easter and the reason why we celebrate. As I got the dye ready, I had the kids smell of the vinegar. We talked about how when Jesus was suffering on the cross the soldiers offered this as a drink to Him. This really affected Sawyer. Carys asked if she could taste it so I let her stick her finger in it. She thought it was yuck.

Then Sawyer had a T-Ball game on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful afternoon and all the little ones had a great time. We spent Saturday night in Pratville shopping. I still did not have a dress and I really needed one! I shopped at Belk and where do you think Justin was?!?!? Bass Pro of course. Sawyer and Carys love that store as much as their Daddy!

Sunday morning was good. Everyone got up and dresses as we were starting Sunday School at 9am. I got the kids ready and we were outside making pictures when I heard a loud THUD in the house and then Justin scream for me to come in. He was getting dressed when his back went out. I found him on the bedroom floor crying. I have only seen him in pain like that one other time {toothache} and it was scary. For me and the kids. We got him settled on the couch and off to church we went. It was hard for us all to not have Daddy at church with us. He is some better today, but still hurting and moving very slowly.

So, my well planned photo shoot was cut short. I don't mind because I still have the kids, the clothes, and the yard will only get prettier as Spring goes along.

Here is what I have. I am proud of what photo's I managed.








Hope you all had a blessed Resurrection Celebration!

No comments: