Friday, April 23, 2010

Post of a Lifetime...

This is gonna be tough to write.

Not because it is sad, or difficult, but because I cannot stop crying long enough to type a complete word.

They are tears of joy.

God's Word says, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

We know this, we believe this, we trust this.

Many times over the past few years I have asked you to be in prayer for my children. For lots of different reasons, but most importantly for their salvation. I prayed that the very day they realized that they were in fact sinners in need of grace, they would accept Christ's free gift of the most amazing grace ever known.

I have also mentioned to you many times that I felt the time for Carys and Sawyer to understand and seek God's forgiveness would come sooner, rather than later.

I was right.

I will try and recall the events of Wednesday, April 21, 2010 as clearly as I can remember them. But just know that as in
Luke 19:9...

Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

After church Wednesday night we were rushed {as we are all Wed nights} to get baths and get off to bed. I helped the kids bathe and get into pj's and off to bed I sent them. I hugged and kissed each one, and told them their daddy would be in there soon to to the same and say prayers with them {we rotate each night to say prayers with them at bedtime.}

As Justin was praying, Sawyer began to talk. Justin paused his prayer and corrected Sawyer saying, "Son, you know that you are not supposed to talk during our prayer."

Sawyer looked up at Justin and said, "Sorry Daddy, I was just trying to as Jesus to come into my heart."

At which point I was summoned into the room. We talked for a few minutes about what sin was {Sawyer said anything the Bible tells you to do but you don't or anything the Bible tells you not to do, but you do it anyway is sin}, and why each of us need a savior {Sawyer said that we are all sinners because Adam and Eve disobeyed God, and now we are born sinners too}. Then we talked about what it means to ask Jesus to save you.

Sawyer prayed, from my prompt, a very simple prayer... and asked God to save him based upon what Jesus did for us on the cross. After the prayer, Sawyer was on cloud nine! He was excited saying "I'm a Christian!" and "Jesus is in my heart!"

How could this night get any better?!?

I was so wrapped up in explaining that now, Sawyer had an important job of learning all the wonderful things in the Bible and sharing them with others, that I did not notice Carys.

I looked up at her and she was almost in tears. She said," Momma, will you help me say that prayer so that I can be a Christian too? I want to go to heaven with you and daddy and Sawyer."

So we repeated the above process all over again.

It was most undeniable, the BEST night of my life, of OUR lives.

Since then, we have been having the best time being a Christian family. The next morning when we got in the car for school, Carys announced that there were now THREE Christians in the car. Now, when we get in I say, are all my Christians in the car?? They just laugh and laugh.

Sawyer could not wait to go to school and tell EVERYONE!! Carys is very excited, and has been asking even more questions about the Bible than normal {which was already a lot.} We have been reading about John baptizing Jesus. They are a little unsure of that whole process, but we are taking it slow. I want them to FULLY understand WHY baptism is important and want them to WANT to do this to SHOW their obedience to God, publicly.

I want to tell YOU thank you. For all of the prayers that went up for my kids. I know that they are very young and Lord willing they have long lives ahead of them. Please pray that our lives will play out in such a way that this will be the beginning of fruitful Christian lives for the both of them.

There are NO WORDS to describe how Justin and I feel. I must remind you all of this verse,

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Amen and Amen!!

I my heart is so full of JOY right now that there is no room for any other desires!!

God Bless you All!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, my heart sank at first, when I read the title of your post. I feared relapse! How relieved I was to read further and discover that your precious babies had given their heart to Christ! Oh, the tears started to flow. My mind became flooded with thoughts of my own little ones and I started to imagine how this scenario would play out for them! Isn't it overwhelming to know that your sweet babies will forever have a place at the feet of Jesus. I pray that they live happy, healthy and long lives!
Shay

the davis' blog said...

Alison,
I am so excited!!! Know that I love you and am praying for you all.

Phillips Family said...

Oh that is SO amazing to hear! And it is so great that you have this written and you can refer to it and tell them the story when they are older.