Friday, April 16, 2010

Fingerprint Friday

So, I stumbled upon a blog The Rusted Chain as I was blog jumping this afternoon. Even though this is my first time on the blog, I felt the Spirit move in me as I read her challenge for today.

She was inspired by the Steven Curtis Chapman song that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you

I can see the fingerprint of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds

And you're covered with the fingerprints of God.

She challenged everyone to look around them and find places where each of us sees such fingerprints.

Because I am always behind the camera, I don't have many photos of my whole family. I certainly see God there.

Both of my kids I know were knitted together perfectly by God as well.

But I made a promise long ago that I would NEVER pass up an opportunity to remind people of the might work that God did in Carys Jo's little body!! So without further adieu...

"The Fingerprint"

Mark 5:34
"He said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be healed from your suffering.'"

Please understand this, cancer did something to Carys' body that we could see outwardly.
Sin is very much like Cancer. It eats away at us until we barely resemble the people God created us to be. And sometimes, despite our best efforts, it keeps coming back.

BUT,

Jesus can take care of that! The same way he touched Carys physically, He can touch YOUR heart and take away the unwanted burden and restore you to a place of acceptance, love, happiness and peace!

Please, NEVER forget what God did for Carys and what He wants to do for you!

6 comments:

A Family of Love said...

A beautiful fingerprint! Blessings to you and your family!

artsyclay said...

♥ What a precious Fingerprint! ♥ Thank you for sharing your family's inspiring story.

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

This is just beautiful! What a precious Fingerprint~

Vicki said...

What a beautiful child and what a precious miracle she is...a perfect fingerprint of God. I don't believe in coincidences and so I feel that God indeed played a part in your decision to share your precious fingerprint. I invite you to come and read my fingerprint post. I believe that it will be of interest to you. May God continue to bless you and your precious miracle child.

Lauren said...

She is precious! And, I love the point you made about sin. Thank you for sharing! :)

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Beautiful fingerprint story. Your story is very inspiring.

My husband was diagnosed with cancer four years ago and we were told we couldn't have any more children. Well, now four years later we have two miracle boys, Elijah and Samuel.

Thank you for sharing your story.

God's blessings to you.