Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hobbies - lots of pics!

I would say that my number one hobby is photography. It only takes seconds to capture moments in time so that they might be enjoyed forever. {That is great since I don't have a lot of "free" time lately!" I love taking pictures. But, I also love editing them! Sometimes I love a raw image. But more often I find myself amazed at digital technology. I am learning {through trial and error} what edits work for prints and which ones are better when the image is only going to be seen digitally. Unfortunately, this is a process that takes more than a moment You have to "try" out a lot of things. You have to see what is is going to look like before you make a final decision on the edit; sometimes you like it, sometimes you don't!

This post is like a theme on a theme. All of these photographs feature hobbies of my family:)

Okay, this photo combines several of our family's hobbies.
Justin is an avid Duck Hunter and has a new hobby of training our lab, Bill.
Bill's hobby is fetching things, of particular interest to him - DUCKS!
Carys shares her mommies love for raising animals and I love to edit photos in cute and quirky ways, so here you go......

Besides naming the animals, which is quite a chore at our house, Carys loves to put the ducks in water and watch them do what ducks do, swim!

Just so you know, there is a no bite {Bill} and no shoot {Justin} policy on THESE ducks!!!


So it seems that these days our new hobby is baseball (make that T-ball:) Sawyer is loving it and asking everyday when his next game is. I am glad to see him get excited about something, a new stage of personality development!

I entitled this photo "Sharing" SO funny!

How old are they again?!?


I love the finish on this pic. It makes it look retro!

If you know Sawyer, you know he is always in deep thought. This is not the best pic, but it captures SAWYER so well!


.

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

Oh those are SO pretty! I can't wait for Carson to wear a little T-ball uniform!