Thursday, March 25, 2010

Photo Update - Could be LONG :)

I would estimate I have 1000 pics I would love to put up here!

This is BILL! He is our 14 week old Black Lab. Quite safely I can say he is the smartest dog we have ever had. Our others have been great companions. He is too, but he is obviously bred to work and he LOVE to please us. That comes in handy when you want him to learn to NOT jump on the kids but at the same time be right there with them and play as hard as they do. No, he cannot speak but I KNOW he LOVES his PEOPLE (especially the small ones:)

This is my "baby." Yes, I said baby. It has hit me really hard recently that my youngest child id FOUR-years-old! He is the silliest kid I know. He loves to tell me how "big" he loves me. Like, "Momma, I love you big as our house!" or "as big as my eyeballs" anything silly goes. And his absolute favorite word is GUTS! He and Carys can laugh for HOURS over the mere mention of the word!

Spidey Cake Number One
Okay, yes! My child had two birthday parties this year! My original intention was to go LESS for both of the kids this year. We are floating in toys and I want the kids to stop thinking of their birthday's as this time to be lavished with "stuff." I would much rather us go out for a family dinner, or even take a short trip. Something where we get to spend time TOGETHER rather than rushed to care for guests. My plans {for many reasons} did not go as planned.

But Sawyer had a great time at both parties.

This cake was a "practice" run for the real cake. It is a four layer french vanilla cake with butter cream icing {Spidey is in pre-colored/flavored fondant from wal-mart.} I was running REALLY short on time and whipped this up the night before {cake and icing.} For me this is a big no-no becuase the cakes need to be COMPLETELY cooled before they are iced. I paid for that as you can see my butter cream ran everywhere before it "set" and ended up being lumpy.

Sawyer liked it, it was super moist, and tasted great!


This was "THE Gift" He wanted it for Christmas but they were in short supply and like $70 bucks. After Christmas, Walmart suddenly got in 5 of them which they promptly marked down. We watched it for weeks and Mom grabbed it for $25. He was really, really happy! {I love it beacuse it folds up and can be put in a corner with all the pieces inside!}

Bill - taking a break from playing with the kids. He is still a baby and gets tired keeping up with C and S!

Spidey Cake Two

So I had much more time invested into this cake. But, not enoughh:) I baked the cakes the night before, But this was my first time using my new Stainless steel rectangular pan. When I put the cake on the cooling rack {upside down out of the pan} I was not thinking about the added weight from the long cake and I left it upside down. As it cooled, it broke apart. So, Saw-Man only had one layer :(


For this cake I tried out a new recipe for homemade Fondant. I was a marshmello recipe that I got here. I loved it! It tasted SO much better and was easy to work with. There is nothing like Fondant to keep a cake good and moist and look cute too. Try it- but make SURE you have time!!



We got these seed kits as LOWE'S. They are Sesame Stree themed and the kids loved doing this. We are ALL getting a little antsey for Spring planting and this was a good way to kick it off.

Sawyer choose Pumpkins {which came in a pink container below}

And Carys choose watermellons. Here they are complete in their "greenhouse" in the window seal. You don't have to water {unless you see they they are too dry} because you place water int he bottom of the tray and the greenhouse makes condensation to water the seeds. It was a great lesson in the water cycle for the kids! Hope they see a few sporuts in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

He is so darn cute Ali! Remember our pizza hut b'day parties and the big dinosaur! Good Times!