Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yes, Im Alive :) - Memory Lane

I cannot believe how long it has been since I posted! I have so much that I would like to share.

We had a fabulous Spring Break. The kids went camping with my family for the first few days while I did work on the house. That included painting the dining and living rooms, new flooring in the master bathroom, the installation of a new toilet, lots of sorting and discarding of "stuff", and my favorite, the rearrangement of the living room furniture! I have "after" pics, but they are kinda null without the befores. But, I will upload them later.

I had a stroll down memory lane this morning. I wanted to post about it because it was a very exciting thing for me, and those of you who went to high school with me may enjoy it, but may not get to experience it.

My office is located in the "old" Bibb County High Building. It is in the first classroom as you enter the building from the door near the Bandroom and Field House. When we were in school, it was occupied by Mr. Cutts. Currently, There are a few offices on this hallway where we are all awaiting the completing on the new Board of Ed building which is going up on the old Jr High lot. {You might also be interested to know that the old break room is now a locker room for visiting football teams and the lunchroom has been transformed in to a massive weight training area that all of the teams use.}

Anyway, I have been thinking a lot about my age lately. Not that I don't like getting older, in fact, I quite like moving through the different stages of life. I was talking with a former student of my who is a Senior in High School yesterday. He was talking of his college plans and jolted me back to that time in my life. A time that was met with great anticipation. I was excited about college, but more excited about the idea of starting my life with Justin; and its funny now how many of those "plans" we made then are "memories" today!

So, I was the first on in the building. The lights were off and the sun was shining brightly into the hallway. The hallway where we used to scurry to class, gossip about this-and-that, try and hide our PDA {public display of affection for those of you who might not know!} It is my opinion that in a matter of years, this building will no longer be here. Let's face it, it was falling apart and no longer houses students so how long will they leave it here?

I decided to go down and check out my locker from my Jr and Sr year. {BTW, how did we keep the same lockers for two years in a row???} I remember the number 155 - right out side of Mrs. Lucas' room. Remember. I opened it up and so many memories came flooding back! I began to look at the near-by lockers and put faces with each one. Snapshots of time were floating around in my brain. I was amazed at how many people I could put with "their" lockers. It was a fun moment. And just like that it was over. A memory.

I loved High School. It was fun and I learned a lot! I wish sometimes I could go back and re-live a few things. Prom would be fun! How about when the guys won State for baseball?!? Me and Nikki announcing and playing the music at the softball games! All of this was so much fun!

But, I am truly happy with where my life is today. Not to say there are not things, goals, that I want to accomplish - but I just could not help but feel blessed as I took this short trip down memory lane!

{P.S. if any of you are ever in town and want to see the new (or old:) buildings, let me know. If you live out of town, you should at least drive by and see all of the changes. Things, again, we used to DREAM about! They have started construction on the new Gym as well!}

No comments: