Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Here We Come!!!

Well, the very least I can say is that I have been FREEZING the entire year! We had snow flurries this morning. It was fun to see. I debated on weather or not I should mention it to the kids. Sawyer's biggest Christmas let down was that there was not snow - like on all the movies! So, I knew that the flurries from this morning would be bittersweet for him. Lovely to see, sad to watch wither away before they even made it to the ground...

The Cottingham Kids are enjoying their last day of Christmas break before returning to school today. I returned to a ton of new semester paperwork this morning. This is my "busy season" I guess you could say. All second grade students in the state of Alabama are considered for gifted services during the first semester. The teachers gather data...and now I get to look at it:) and turn it all into something meaningful! I am trying to stay on top of things as I also begin three new Graduate classes this week. Well, I heard on the sports shows that UA was conceling classes for the end of this week due to some silly game...but I have not recieved an official word from the univeristy or from my professor concerning my THURSDAY night class. I told JC I would just not show up and say, "Well they said no class on ESPN!" Think that would work??

Anyways, I have TONS of picutres to post. I will try and do so incremently as to not overwhelem you:) I decided that the Christmas season was to inculde NO computer time (that of course does not include my BlackBerry:) and I did pretty good with that rule. I have not uploaded even the first of the roughtly 500 pics I made in the last two weeks! Yikes, that could take a while. They are forcasting snow for Thursday and yucky weather for Friday and Saturday. I am hoping for the snow and more time home with my babies (hopefully WITH power!) Thankfully we have gas heat that does not require electricity so at the very least we will be warm. I am not, however, looking foward to my weekly grocery trip. You know when they say the "S"now word here everyone acts like it is Y2K or something!!!

Anywho...better get back to work. I pray you all had a blessed CHRISTmas season and are having a blast in 2010!!!

No comments: