Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Big Day!

Today was Team Spirit Day at CCA. The kids were to dress in which ever team they supported the most. Of course my kids dressed in Auburn! TO be fair, Sawyer wanted to dress for the "other team" but once he saw that Carys was wearing Orange and Blue he could not help himself. I really fear that I have lost him to "the dark side", but we shall see as he gets older:)

The "big" part of the day was another milestone for Carys Jo. We were able to pull up ALL of her hair into one ponytail!

She was super excited and proud. We took time to say a prayer of thanksgiving to God for her healing and the restoral of her heath and hair!

1 Corinthians 9:23
I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

I want to you know that when I "share" these wonderful blessings that God had given us, it is ALWAYS to honor the gospel by which we know our Lord and Savior.

Everything I have and all that I am is because God loved me so much that He sent His Son to die in my place, to take my place in a sinners death so that I might be free.

I know that Carys' healing is not because of any good thing I have done. However, I do believe that the faith of many got God's attention and He healed her for HIS glory.

It would not be right to celebrate such a milestone without giving him the glory for these blessings!

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

YAY Carys! She looks beautiful with her ponytail! You remember those big silk puffy bows we used to wear :)

Anonymous said...

Alison, I've followed Carys' story from the beginning and said many a prayer for her and still do. Yes God gets all the glory in her healing. I'm so thankful for God's blessings on your family and I love your faith. She is a beautiful girl and her hair is gorgeous. I can't wait to see what wonderful things God has in store for her. She will do great things in this world.
Love reading your blog.

Stephanie

myletterstoemily said...

those are just the most adorable children.

blessings on them!

Phillips Family said...

Hey Ali, I have lost your email address, will you resent it? Mine is kphillips111@gmail.com. I had to make my blog private. I want you to be able to read, so I need your email in order for you to have access. Hope all is well!