Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hanging Around

So, we have had a great last week or so. I seriously have not had time to update the many pictures that I have taken lately. I really want you guys to see our "snow" pictures. They are hilarious! I was determined to find a way to capture the snow, and I did!

My spring semester at UA began last week. I have a class on Thursday nights and two weekends a month. That starts this weekend. I really like weekend classes because it does not hinder progress on my weekly schedule (more on that later.) Last semester I had a Monday night class which was horrible (the scheduling I mean.) I like the Thursday night class because I only have to get one kid ready the next morning because Sawyer stays with his MawMaw that day. I am taking on three classes this time, but one of them is classified as undergrad so that helps. It is a foundations class and I think it will be a lighter load than taking on another grad class.

We got news this week of a "spot" on the ct scan of a friend of ours who went through treatment with Carys. They are not convince it is a reoccurrence, but they have to wait six weeks before they re-scan to see if it has changed. If it is Wilms, it will have changed. I have been spending a lot of time in prayer for the mother, Staci. I cannot imagine the heartache and fear that she has to fight daily for the next six weeks. It has not brought a lot of extra apprehension to Carys' check-up scheduled for this Friday. She will only have a chest x-ray and abdominal ultra-sound. Ultra-sounds are always hard for me because that is how she was diagnosed. This news did change Justin's plans as we had decided there was no need for him to go to this (16 month) check-up. He has now decided that he will not miss it and will work ½ of a day instead. See when Carys was diagnosed, he was not in the room. I had to come down and tell him. That is not a position he ever wants to be in again. However, I have great peace in my heart that the tests will reveal what we already know to be true! That Carys is healed!

Yesterday was MLK day. We were blessed with the most beautiful day at home. It was like 63 degrees out side. The kids were beside themselves that we were able to play outside; and without coats none the less! I sat on the porch swing as they played. I loved the feeling of the sun on my skin. It reminded me of how good God is and how much I needed to feel that. He always provides both the big and the small things we need! The kids played, painted, napped, and played some more. It was a great day.

Some of you may have read how I have implemented a daily cleaning schedule for the house. It has been such a help. I was thinking last night, as I set in a tidy living room with all the closes washed and dishes put away, how I wish someone would drop by so they could see! It is such a since of accomplishment for me. I know some of you think I am crazy that I am just now getting it together, but I have spent much of the last few years being so overwhelmed. Even when I was home when Carys was sick, it was so difficult for me to keep the house together. I am convinced that part of it was mental. I don't think I was depressed, just so tired trying to keep everything together that I would just crash in the evenings. I am telling you, God has been so good to me. He has blessed me with a wonderful family, job, and opportunity to complete graduate school that I feel like keeping things together is MY part of the bargain. The kids being older helps tremendously also. Last night, Sawyer asked to wash dishes. He did a great job too! He was do proud of himself and I was proud of him too. Anyway, just wanted to update that for us, the daily house cleaning schedule has worked great.

Just another week – Living 4 HimJ

No comments: