Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Two Things...

First, we are anxiously anticipating the arrival of our snow tomorrow. I talked to the kids this morning and told them that we "might" have to go to school and then get to come home early. I understand that these decisions are multi-factorial and take time to decide...but I wish I could have a definite answer before bed tonight. Instead, I suppose I can wait until I get the famous Glenn Judd call announcing the decision early tomorrow morning (btw...I love to here Mr. Judd's message its just WEIRD to have his voice be the FIRST thing you hear...hehe!) I am doing all the normal preparations like buying a few things and charging the camera battery. I am also gonna get some clothes together for the kids so that we are prepared for going in and out of the house - which I am sure will require several changes of clothes:) They both have some nice snow gear, but it is "neatly" tucked away in their closets:)

Secondly, I am so in love with my husband:) I have been doing LOTS of office work this week so I have been snagging lunch with him. So blessed to be able to do this. So today, I was in a mid-morning meeting that went through his lunch...I missed seeing him so much. I wish that there were some great "thing" that I could tell you makes me love him so much! But, there are so many. Like the way he texts me just to say that he misses me. Or the way that he always makes time for both of the kids and makes them feel special and important. Or the way he embraces his role as the head of our house, never leaving out my feelings or opinions...but thinking long and hard about what is BEST for us to do. All of these things make him my love. On Jan 25th we will celebrate our "dating" anniversary. We have been together for 13 years (since 1997). I was 13 (going on 14) when God placed him in my life. That means that in 19 days, I will have been with Justin in my life as much time as I spent without him! How remarkable. I remember a monumental day in my life...

Justin proposed to me when I was a senior in high school. That spring, I was at Auburn high school for a scholar's bowl tournament. We had a bi-round so we waited and studied in the lunchroom. Mrs. Conklan and I were discussing the engagement and such things. There was an adult coach of another team that was sitting there with us (as he knew the Conklans.) After she said how great it was that we were engaged, this man spoke up and said, "Linda, why are you congratulating her? You know as well as I do that these things never work out. Being a kid and making promises that you have no idea about can lead to nothing but disaster! You should be telling her that she is too young and should reconsider this offer. She will thank you when she in 25."

Flabbergasted, I remember wanting to punch him in the face. Mrs. Conklan was very defensive of me and the fact that she knew I was allowing God to lead my life. (Thank you by the way!!) I remember thinking, I'm gonna show him! Logically, I agree with everything he said. But what God brings together...let no Scholar's Bowl Coach put asunder!

I wish that I could see him now. In person. I would not be rude. I would politely introduce my self, my husband, and my two precious babies. I would tell him thank you. Thank you for giving me one of many reasons to always work hard to make my family work. I set a goal that day to find a way to be just as in love with Justin years from then, as I was then. Forget puppy love...I KNEW I had a perfect gift from above. I have done very little to make my feelings for JC stay the same. BUT, I am so glad they have.

I love you Justin. More today that I could have ever imagined back in 2001! (or 1997) Thank you for growing up with me when so many couples grow apart. Thank you for being my friend and believing in me when others thought my tasks to be impossible. Thank you for growing into a WONDERFUL Christian husband and father who always considers his family before himself! I am so proud to have been your girl for 13 years!

~God Bless~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you that I love your pictures and enjoy reading your posts :)

myletterstoemily said...

what a sweet love story!

blessings,
lea