Monday, November 23, 2009

Thank You Lord...

For being an active participant in my life!

Psalm 9 (HCSB)
Celebration of God's Justice

1 I will thank the LORD with all my heart;
I will declare all Your wonderful works.

2 I will rejoice and boast about You;
I will sing about Your name, Most High.

3 When my enemies retreat,
they stumble and perish before You.

4 For You have upheld my just cause; E)">
You are seated on Your throne as a righteous judge. F)">

5 You have rebuked the nations:
You have destroyed the wicked;
You have erased their name forever and ever. I)">

6 The enemy has come to eternal ruin;
You have uprooted the cities,
and the very memory of them has perished. J)">

7 But the LORD sits enthroned forever; K)">
He has established His throne for judgment. L)">

8 He judges the world with righteousness;
He executes judgment on the peoples with fairness.

9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a refuge in times of trouble.

10 Those who know Your name trust in You
because You have not abandoned
those who seek You, LORD.

11 Sing to the LORD, who dwells in Zion;
proclaim His deeds among the peoples

I remember the first time I read of Deism. You see deists believe God exists, created the world, but now sets back and has no dealing with our daily lives. I have the same feeling now as I did then for these people - great sadness. You see, this school of thought came about as a reaction to the Age of Reason. A time when I believe. God attempted to reveal a bit a knowledge about truth and order to mankind. However, selfish humans took what God intended for good, and made a mess out of it. Deists took God's word and attempted to remove and parts that contained the "mystical" aspects of God the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit's work. Personally, that would mean the entire book as the fact that God IS and CAN BE is in fact supernatural and cannot be explained by human intellect.

So, I am thankful on this Sunday - the LORD's DAY - that God has chosen to make Himself a REAL presence in my life! Today I am thankful...


Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

No comments: