Monday, November 16, 2009

Bibb Makes History




This (number 11) is one of my former students Jaquail Rutledge on a bug run against Anniston Friday night!


And this (7) is our cousin Darren! We are so proud of you, he fought through a hospitalization with the flu to get back to lead the team!


I wanted to be sure that all of our out-of-towns friends new that Friday night the BCHS Choctaw football team made school history. With their win over Anniston, they secured the schools first ever trip to the 3rd round of the State Playoffs. They are still undefeated! This week, they will travel to Jackson, AL for the 3rd round. I am so proud of all of these guys.

I know many of you may not care about HS football, but it is hard not to when you work around it. So many of those guys are student's of mine which makes their accomplishments even more meaningful to me! Click below for the full story from the Tuscaloosa News!

Bibb County Results

Even more exciting that the big win, was reading about a wonderful young man. I have not had the privilege of teaching him, but I have worked with his parents. He also spoke to our entire church early this fall of Youth Sunday. He did a wonderful job then, and he lives out his faith everyday in front of his peer. He would probably hate that I am blogging about him, that is how he is. But he is a star in my mind. Take it from me, not everyone who is faced with difficult circumstances in their lives, can take the kind of stand that the Morton family has taken a let God gain all the glory from their lives. It is an honor to know them all!
Click below to read the COVER STORY from the Sports section!
Taylor Morton Story
(P.S.. the author of this piece did a wonderful job! Thanks for promoting such a wonderful story!)

No comments: