Friday, November 20, 2009

Thank You Lord...


For My Husband!

If I have not already told you guys, he is the BEST! I absolutely, positivity adore him! He has worked extra hard this week. I cannot get him off my mind this morning. We are at this wonderful place in our lives in our relationship with each other and with our Heavenly Father. We are blessed beyond compare!

I love the Keith Urban song "Only You Can Love Me This Way." I checked YouTube and there was not an embedded link there so you will have to click to watch it. I love the words of this song.

My other favorite song to describe our relationship is "When God Made You" by NewSong and Natalie Grant. My good friend Nikki and her dad recorded this song for her her wedding. I wish I had their version. It was great!

God's word says in Psalm 139:13 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb" and God told Jeremiah (1:5) "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee..."

When I look at these verses, and combine them with the love God has placed in my heart, I KNOW that God created me for Justin and him for me! That is exciting. This means that our relationship comes not only with great rewards (love, companionship, friendship, intimacy, etc) but also with great responsibility.




Justin is a gift from God. Just as I am charged in the Bible to raise my children (another gift from God) I am charged to be the keeper of my husband's heart. I want him to know, through my actions, that his heart is safe with me. Broken hearts are prevalent in our society. Many husbands and wives life in turmoil each day and find it difficult to trust others with their heart because we do not do a very good job (in my opinion) of teaching our children to guard the hearts of their mates.

Marriage is a work, a job, a calling. And we must keep in mind the fact that God, just as in salvation, allows us free-will. He allows us to choose our mates, our attitudes, and our actions. Therefore, we must remain in His Will to find the ONE to love and the WAY to love.

Justin an I have been together since Jan of 1997 (that's almost 13 years!) and as Husband and wife for 7 1/2 of those years! In another year or two, I will have been with him more of my life than I was without him! That is AWESOME! I don't want to give the impression that is has not been work, it has. We, in order to beat the "odds," had to find a way to grow-up together rather than growing apart. We were most defiantly kids when we started our journey. Many did not take it very seriously, but I knew very early on that God had all of this planned.

We are now at the point in our lives where I would describe us as "half-way grown-up!" I would like to share some of the "secrets" to our success!

1) Pray hard, often, and together!

2) Be patience, but remember that if you pray for patience, God will give you something to be patient through!

3) Guard your partner's heart as it is your own, realize that YOU are responsible for providing all the love, attention, and affection the other person needs. Their well being must be more important that your own.

4) Follow God's plan for family. This includes waiting until marriage for sexual intimacy, husbands - lead your family with spiritual fervor, wives - focus on respecting your husband ad fulfilling your role as his help-mate in life, raise children in accordance to God's word, and create a mission of ministry in your family.

5) Talk, don't yell.

6) Listen.

7) Share EVERYTHING - pain, sorrow, joy, happiness - your marriage should be the most fulfilling and rewarding aspect of your life.

8) Tell each other when you do good or when you make each other happy or proud. It makes it much easier to discuss faults when the other person KNOWS how committed you are to their well being and that they are appreciated.

9) Read, discuss, live out God's word TOGETHER.


I just wanted to say that I love you Justin! Today, forever, and always! Thank you for being the Christian husband and father I have always dreamed of! You are the keeper of my heart!

~I Love You~

No comments: