Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Appalling...to me.

I am almost speechless...which is a rarity.

Did you guys know that the American Cancer society is backing the current healthcare plan before congress???

Read this article from the Tuscaloosa News concerning the need for yearly mammograms for women in their forties...

Mammograms

I hope everyone understand that the phrases "Government Task force" or "Government Panel" take on a whole new meaning IF the government is is total control of the healthcare system! They will no longer be able to look at things in an objective manner, but everything they do will be tanted by the money they will (or will not) spend - at the very least it will be in the back of their minds!

Think of it this way. If you were going to buy a car. Your budget (if you are smart) would have to be on your mind when deciding which model and features you wanted. Does that mean it is the BEST car on the market? NO! You may only be able to afford a clunker. But some of you might be able to buy a Hummer. Should there be a law stating that all car manufactuers bust make clunckers becuase SOME cannot afford the Hummer?? This is how governement reports will work from now on! They will tell us what is "best" but it will really be what they THINK THEY can afford.

When it comes to healthcare, I want the BEST for my family. I work hard, pay my taxes and my insurence premiumes; I think they deserve the BEST.

Sorry to rant and rave...

I hope the ACS did not spend my Relay for Life money on backing this bill!!!!! Soon they are going to tell me that yearly check-ups for Carys are not "really" necessary...think about that! I would have to wait for a symptom to appear before taking her to get a scan!! SCARY STUFF people!!!

No comments: