Thursday, October 22, 2009

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)


"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."


I first reflected on this verse a few months ago when I was reading and working through "Glory Revealed" by David Nasser. When I saw it again on a blog post, I KNEW God was bringing it before me for a reason. This verse packs a powerful punch in just a few short words.

First "The Lord your God is with you," Have you ever had one of those days when you just feel all alone in whatever you are experiencing? I can remember the moment when Carys was diagnosed and it was just me, her, and the doctor in the Ultra Sound Room. When I think of that, I remember the moment that I felt the Holy Spirit come over me and it was like really large, strong arms just gave me a big hug. I, as a child of God can rest in the fact that I am NEVER alone. If I feel that way, it is because I - not God - is distance. Just like I have to accept His free gift of salvation, I also have to make a conceious effort to accept His presence daily in my life.

"he is mighty to save."I have to remember that the most impressive thing God has ever done for me is accepting me through the blood of Jesus. The fact that He will look on me, or answer my prayers when I am so unworthy is an AWESOME part of His character. If He can/will do this, He is mighty to do ANYTHING!

"He will take great delight in you," WOW! He delights in ME? The only way I know to explain this is that once I accept the blood of Jesus as payment for my sins, God can then view the works I do in His name and delight in them becasue He views them through the blood!


"he will quiet you with his love,"Oh man. Did I need this! I bet if you ask Justin (or my kids or students) they would tell you that my biggest problem is that I am loud! The other day I bought some new lotion. Justin said, "That is kinda loud." I said, "Well, you are always telling me how loud I am!" I recently have discovered that sometimes, this loudness can be a vice. Sometimes, God wants me to speak softly to people or not speak to them at all - just pray. This is a new area of mististry that I need to explore. It is just a big part of my personality to try and talk since into people. I can sometimes see how that is a gift from God, but other times I believe He is calling me to quite prayer. How can I be transformed in to a quiet being? According to The Word - I must let HIM do it with His love!

and finally,

"he will rejoice over you with singing." If there is one thing I really want right now it si to know that God rejoices over me and my strides to serve Him. I realized that this post may be for no one but myself, but thats okay! I think in order for God to rejoice over me, I have to be willing to once again, die to self an let Him do a work in me.


No comments: