Friday, October 2, 2009

Preparing for Revival

I am so excited about our upcoming revival at church. Honestly, I believe it has already begun! What a wonderful feeling to experience God working not only in my own heart, but seeing the Spirit move in the lives of others.

So, I have been doing a lot of self-reflection and study to prepare my heart for the message God has for me and my family. I have heard a lot of talk about "blessings" recently; and it got me thinking.

How much time do we spend praying for God to bless us in some way? In Sunday School, we have been studying Psalms. In this book, God used the heart and words of David to reveal so much about Himself to us. And so this got me thinking some more (are ya'll tired of me thinking yet?:)

Would God rather I ask Him for blessings, or ask Him to use me as a blessing? I can think of some real ways God has allowed me to be part of His ministry to others. I cannot write words to describe the way this makes my heart feel!

Have you ever asked God to do something big for you? I have - and I realized that 9 times out 0f 10, it is for Him to do something good for me. Fix something, heal something, change something. Are there ever times when you ask God to just make your really uncomfortable? People still look at me weird when I tell them how truly thankful I am for Carys' illness. I mean, I am so very thankful for her healing and health now, but I am talking about the journey.

Justin and I were telling a friend last night about some symptoms Carys used to exhibit when she was on treatment. I could tell by the look on his face that he was shocked my the way we told the story. Like it happened to someone else rather than us! But I remember listening to "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me. It was like a conversation with God. I knew He had a plan, held us in His hands, and I just wanted so badly so let others see that faith.

I have been dealing with some life issues very different from Carys' sickness lately. It seems that I had lost some of that wonderful perspective that God had blessed me with during her illness. So, I spent some time praying over these situations. I am posting the music video to "Bring the Rain" maybe it will help you see that God's greatest requirement of us is our willingness to let Him work through us...no matter what that means to our "life." I am asking God to put me in whatever situation will best bring glory to Him, despite how that might mean LISTEN TO THE WORDS!!




I have been surrounded by so many people who are so worried about themselves and their feelings. It just amazes me, what ever happend to "Do right till the stars fall" that I used to hear about on the Psalty Tapes (wonder if they still make thoses???) I am gulity of it myself! Sometimes I think, "What am gonna do if this happens?" "What if this does not work out?" Oh my, I needed remining that GOD already has all of this worked out! If I am focused on serving Him, and loving others, loving my husband, raising my kids... it will be okay.

So then I started searching for a spiritual barometer of sorts. Some scripture or thought that I could use to see if there was "fire in by bones" as Jeramiah says. Then, this song came on the radio. I love it, knew God wanted me to share it. However, my type A mind could not fingure out how to make it "fit." So, I decided when I was looking for the other video, to serach this song. There were several videos but this was "IT"! If this does not get you excited, maybe teary-eyed, and make you just want to go out and tell some one about Jesus... then something is WRONG with you!

Watch, listen, enjoy, PRAY!



God Bless You All!

No comments: