Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Bond of Perfection

I am NOT perfect! (I know, BIG shock!)

I recently came across a blog called "At the Well...In Pursuit of Titus 2" It is a blog by Christian women who write about being godly women, wives, mothers...just women! I got today's scripture and thought from there...


But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:14-17

Like I said, I am not perfect. But God's Word says that Love is the bond of perfection. Sometimes I really struggle with all of my "roles" - what a good psychological term! Ya'll know what I mean. All this "stuff" I am supposed to do. I am painfully aware that sometimes the most important stuff - being a follower of Christ, wife and mother - take a back seat to other stuff in my life. Don't get me wrong, I BELIEVE that this path I am pursuing is in God's will for my life. However, He does still give me choices and the free will to prioritize those things that He puts in my path.

Sometimes others don't get this. Justin and I are very busy, but sometimes we just have this overwhelming desire to STAY HOME! Play games, watch movies, make crafts, playoutside (when it is not raining:) just be home! Why? Cause we love our family and our home.

Anyways...One of my biggests struggles is this: "How do I know that I am doing the BEST for my family?" Like I said, I have covered my path in prayer and feel confident that I am pursuing God's Will, but I am still aware that my duties to my family come first! So, after praying over Colossians 3:14-17 I have decided this...

Above everything I do, I must LOVE. This is the most basic premis of God's will for my life. Love of God, my family and others will produce peace in my heart which is a blessing that only God can provide to let me know He is pleased with the love I have shown. I MUST stay in God's word, hiding its truths in my heart while making His Word alive to others through my actions (Faith, Hope and you guessed it LOVE). And whatever I prayfully decided is best for my family, I must do it as though it is my MINISTRY (unto the Lord.) ALL things in my life, whether I am taking them in, or living them out MUST be to God's glory.

These words give me HOPE. Hope that God is there to guide me through my journey. He has provided everything neccesary for me to be successful - which to me means fulfilling the many calls he has placed on my life. He has given His Son, His Word, His Spirit all to help me along this journey.

So moms, do not be discouraged in this busy world we live in! Just take a moment to reflect upon the Word of life and reconnect with God about the priorities in your life. And remember. "put on love, which is the bond of perfection"
God Bless

No comments: