Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Potato Lunch!

Oh, how I wished I had one of my camera's with me today. I ate lunch in the NEW Bibb County High School! If you missed the open house (like I did) you need to make time to stop by for a tour! Everything about it is beautiful. It was a bit sereal walking the halls. We all made so many memories in the old building but this is truly something for us all to be proud of.
My lunch consisted of a baked potato complete with all the trimmings (including chili) from the "Potato Bar", a salad from the "salad bar" (my fav was the black olives), and green beans. Oh, did I mention that I had my choice of TWO big flat screen TV's to watch!
The most noticiable difference in the noise level in the school. It is designed to be quite and it is. When I first arrived, I wondered "where are the kids!" But they were there, in class and at lunch but the halls were WIDE and QUIET! The atmosphere is calm which I know will make for a great learning envirnoment!
It is truly something to be proud of!

No comments: