Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Carys and Sawyer Face the Easter Bunny

Okay, I am not sure how long this "Easter Bunny" thing is going to make it at our house! We stumbled upon the "easter bunny" at Walmart last Saturday and here is what took place...

Carys - "Oh momma, is that the Easter bunny?

Me - Uh, yes I think it is.

Carys - No, I think that is "Mrs." Easter Bunny. Don't you see that bow in her hair.

Sawyer - Yeah, boys don't wear bows!

Carys - Can we make our picture with her?

Me: Sure, wait until the other kids are finished.

So, my children (in very rare form I might add) wait there turn. In the meantime they are watching every move "she" makes. It is finally their turn and they walk up to "her"

Carys - You are "Mrs." easter bunny, right"

Bunny nods yes.

Carys - "Momma, she does not talk!" So Mrs. bunny, where do you live? pause (no response from the bunny) you know, like Santa lives at the North Pole, where do you live? Do you live in a hole in the ground??

Bunny nods YES!

Sawyer - bunnies live in burrows - I read about that in the "Peter Cottontail" book.

Carys - Okay a burrow. So, how do you stay so white if you live in the dirt?

Bunny - shruggs and looks at me like, who are these kids?!?

Sawyer - Do you take a shower?

Carys - Or do you like baths?

Sawyer - do you use blue soap or pink soap?

Bunny - shruggs again!

Carys - I know, I bet you take a shower in the rain with a bar of soap! Ha ha!

They take their picture and we move on. I could not decided if I should be embarrased or impressed!

As we left walmart, Carys was looking at the photo and said to me, "Momma, I think that was just a person in a costume. What do you think?" To which I responded, I think you are right but don't tell your brother!!

1 comment:

Nikki Christian said...

HA! So inquisitve, but oh so wise your two are...I hope Logan will be as insightful as Carys & Sawyer.