Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Positivity Needed!

Okay, today (4/8/09) and next Friday (4/17/09) are big days for us. Today our dear friend Jillian Sharp ,who when through treatments along side Carys for Wilms Tumor (the only thing that seperated them was the miles from her to KS!), will undergo her 9 months off treatment scans. Next Friday it will be Carys' turn. Usually, these days bring anxious thoughts that can only be overcome by prayers. Today, I am not worried about "our" girls. Another person has my prayers.

Most of you know that Justin's boss Mr. Scott has been diagnosed with a rare type of cancer. From the beginning people have been shocked. Yesterday he underwent surgery. Things did not go 100% as planned (as they rarely do!) This started a trend that has troubled me. People calling and spreading the "bad" news. Please remember that when Carys had her big surgery they found the beginnings of cacner there which was completely unexpected, but God healed her!

Here is how I feel about all of this.

First, to us Mr. Scott is MORE that an employer. He has been so good to our family through every stage of our lives. I will never forget him showing up at our door when my dad passed away. That ment so much to me now and then! I am tired of people asking us about the mill and what will happen to it!! Right now, we are concerned about one thing ONLY; Mr. Scott's health. Please be respectful of Mr. Scott, his family, and us.

Secondly, the Bible says...

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

1 Thessalonians 3:10Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith.

James 5:15(a) And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.

I can remember when Carys was sick that I would get so angry at people who moaned and groaned about how sick she was. I believe that negativity has nothing good to offer someone who is hurting (physically, emotionally, or spritually.) Please stop and think about what you are saying! The Bible instructs us to pray as though the person we are lifiting up is already healed. I KNOW that we all must face reality, but I also know the power of positive prayer. When we pray believing, no one but God knows what the outcome will be. I think it selfish to assume that WE know what God can or will do if we just pray.

I am sure you can all read into my fustrations. I just find difficult to stay fouced on positive prayers and encouraging my friends when everyone is making predicitons about the outcome of this situation.

Please join me in lifting up Mr. Scott and his family as they prepare to fight this battle! As for me and my house we will be praying...

Isaiah 26:8 Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

It is wonderful that we can rest assured that God IS still in the healing business and the miracle business even if sometimes we find it hard to turn things over to him and put our faith in him. I will pray for your friend now and let us know how everything goes! Of course I will continue to pray for Carys and Mr Scott. I hope you have a great day your words are always a blessing to me!!

Carla said...

The last to post are awesome. I agree with everything you said. How soon we forget what kind of God we serve!!! I'm just as guilty and even seeing Carys so often, and so healthy, God does is still in control, we just have to trust. AND I can't wait to see "my" kids on Easter!!!! I really believe as long as we teach them what the meaning of Easter is everything else is ok. God Bless!!

the davis' blog said...

Love you Alison!!