Thursday, April 23, 2009

Exciting Day!!

I awoke EARLY this morning when Justin left for work he came back in the bedroom (where I was fast asleep!) and told me he thought there was some action going on in the incubator. The fan on it had be squeeky for a few days so I did not think much about it. He insisted that I check it out.

Sure enough. One of the chicken eggs was hatching. The odd thing was that there was a LOT of churping. I had no idea that chicks churp from INSIDE the egg! Before long, one of the 45 quail eggs we were incubating was hatching! At our last count around lunch time we had 21 quail that had hatched.

I am so glad that the kids got to witness one actually hatcing! I feel like they learn so much from these types of things. There is no way that you can watch an egg in all of its stages of development and not know that GOD designed it perfectly!

Hope to get pictures up tomorrow!

No comments: