Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend of Wonder

We had a wonderful,relaxing weekend. I kinda took a break from working on both my UM and BibbCo school work. I have papers due in both of my classes over the next few weeks so I have been reading my hiney off! This weekend I spent a lot of time in prayer and Bible Study and just thinking.

I have so much too do! Our house looks like a tornado came through, I need to make good grades in my last remaining classes at UM, I must make decisions and preprations for graduate school. There is a sense of accomplishment in knowing that I will soon have my college degree after MANY years of effort, but it is bitter sweet to think about starting Graduate School. I love my job and I believe that this is a special niche of education that God has used my whole life to prepare me for. But that is not enough for the State Department of Education! So, if I am to see this plan come to fruition, more school is necessary. I just spent a lot of time praying about it. In some ways I have so much to prove, and in others I just want school to be over so that I can spend time watching my children grow!

I also want to make sure I devote enough time to God's work as possible. After all, my life is NOT all about work, school, or even hobbies. Yes, God wants me to do my best at everything and honor Him in all I do, but these "things" are NOT what it is all about! God has a plan for us all. No matter what this life sends my way I MUST find a way to focus on God's work.

We are starting a new young people/young couples Sunday School class at our church beginning April. I am going to devote a lot of my prayer time and "spare-time" to the success of this class. Our church is not the biggest, but it is FULL of people who love GOD and love eachother! If you are in our age group (married OR single) and have been looking for somewhere to go or a group to fellowship with I would encourage you to come worship and learn with us. Just email me or call me if you have any questions.

This weekend I was reminded of God's Wonder. How vast His love and power. I did some reflecting on Carys' journey. How closely He held us during those storms. Time seems to have moved so quickly beacuse we felt safe in His arms. We got our first set of chickens in November. We have cared for those chicks and I must say they have grown in to beautiful testaments of God's ability. Anyway, we have anxiously awaited several milestones along the way. It has been 20 LONG weeks as we have awaited two major things (1) our rooster to begin crowing (2) our hens to start laying eggs. Yesterday as we returned home from church our other rooster crowed to welcome us home. As I opened the back door I heard a deep crow. I froze in my tracks! It was Big Daddy Crowing Away! He still needs a little pratice but boy, were we excited!

I say that to say this...Carys was in treatment for about 11 months. That time seems like such a distant memory to me. It seems like no time at all! It has only been 2.5 months since her last scan but it seems like ages ago! Time flies! God has designated times for EVERYTHING! Sometimes it helps me to just take some time and look at what all God has done to remind me that just like He was our ROCK during that time. I will begin to pray for me to recognize Him in ALL that goes on with me...sickness, grief, pain, work, hobbies, happiness, peace, joy contentment, or anything else!

No comments: