Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sawyer is THREE!

I know I am over a week late in this post but better late than never!
From my perspective, Sawyer had a great birthday. His party was well attended by family and friends. It was a AUBURN themed party and he loved it. My grandparents (Mike and Pauline) provided the cake. A big "Thank You" is in order for them and everyone else who helped me put the party on.

So I cannot believe that he is 3! Seems like only yesterday we were finding out about his arrival. We were so excited! I knew I was expecting even before I "found out!" Then, finding out he was to be a boy was another exciting day. He came into the world 4 weeks early. He spent his first 4 days in NICU. He was a fighter from the beginning. He fought through reflux, allgeries, and being separated from us during Carys' illness. And through it all, he is a pretty well-adjusted 3-year-old. He now likes to tell people that when he gets finished being 3 he will be four. He is trying his best to understand that no matter how much he grows or learns he will never be the same AGE as Carys!

I know I say it all the time but he is the perfect combonation of silly and serious. He LOVES to make rhymes. The funnier the better. At the moment, he sings "Sawyer Burt "Cottonham", comming down from Birmingham riding on a opossum! But, he is also the kid that cries because we burned the front yard for new grass to grow. Or still asks occasionally when we are going to get our old car back. "But I liked that car so much...it was my favorite!" he will say with tears in his eyes.

To my Little Man > I love you more than words. I pray that you learn to take life as it comes and always rely on God to see you through!!!


No comments: