Monday, March 2, 2009

I would just like to say...

How very thankful I am for my life, my family, and my GOD!

There was a guy on Rick and Bubba this morning who is scheduled to debate Dr. Lennox at Sanford Univ. sometime this week. He considers himself and evangelistic atheists. This means that not only does he believe there is no God, he is on a mission to get others to follow his "beliefs." I don't have a problem with him doing this. after all, that is exactly what I try and do, get others to share my beliefs. And, I believe God's Word when it says that it will not return void, and this debate creates an opportunity for Dr. Lennox to share the TRUTH of God's Word with others.

Some of the things that he proposed about religion in general and Christanity specifically made me so sad. The reality is, even if he does not believe it, that he is doomed if he does not change his way of thinking. And, there are so many like him. He stated that religion did not serve to free people, but bound them to traditions in hope that they MIGHT please their "maker." Well, although my writing skills are not able to express the FREEDOM that come from knowing Christ, my heart feels it! How I wish this man could see that God's Word expressly states HOW to please HIM! If I follow those commandment God provides I can KNOW that HE is pleased with me, and that give me strength to face ANYTHING life may bring!

To him I would say, "Job 27:8 For what hope has the godless when he is cut off, when God takes away his life?" and "Psalm 25:3No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse" Chirst is my EXCUSE! I, all alone, can do nothing! But HE (Chirst) made a way for me to know truth, mercy, and GRACE!!!

I want to take the time to PRAISE GOD for existing and choosing to CREATE mankind and ALLOW us to fellowship with him. The blessings he has poured on me are unspeakable and I am so thankful for each of them.

Philippians 4:6
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Today, along with thanksgiving, I would like to pray for the man on Rick and Bubba, that he might learn of Christ's unchanging LOVE before it is too late!

I pray that God might give me one chance today to make a difference in someone's life; for His glory!

No comments: