Friday, March 4, 2011

What have I gotten myself into???

It all started a few months ago. Carys came home saying that there was going to be a beauty pageant at her school. I have never even considered putting who I know to be the most beautiful girl in the world in a pageant. I always said that if she REALLY wanted to, she could. I am not aganist pageants, I just want to be sure that it is for fun and that she KNOWS that she is beautiful!

Well, she asked...and I attempted to get her not to do it. I told her how she would have to get up in front of everyone. See, Carys can be very outgoing when she is comfortable with all the people who are around, but she is also like her Daddy and can be a little leary of large groups of people.

But no, she was persistant. We went to pick out the dress. I only had a few guidelines and I let her have fun trying them on and picking out "the one." She loves the show "Say Yes to the Dress" so this was like a dream come true for her. Then she decided all on her own to ask Leah Downs and Meagan Watkins to help her get her hair and makeup done. This was another part of the experience that Carys LOVED!


 Of course she looked like an angel but I was still not sure how she would do on stage.

  

Needless to say she did well and had a BLAST!


Oh my, now she has been bitten by the bug! What have I gotten myself into???

1 comment:

brian said...

beautiful girl she looks like a Princess!