Friday, March 25, 2011

Peaceful

Lately, times of turmoil have found their way into my life. Noting major...just tons of little things that when added together seem to equal stress. I know that stress is my enemy. Or maybe stress is just a weapon of my enemy. Either way I know that God has plans to prosper me. {For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11} To me, this has nothing to do with money, station in life, or even health. I think God is referring to spiritual prosperity which includes the cultivation of the Fruit of the Spirit in my life. 

I learned a long time ago that inside of me {and each soul, I believe} lies a fertile field. A place where God plans to create a mighty harvest of love, joy, peace...just to name a few. Often our sin-nature confuses us into believing that this empty field is destined to be filled with hobbies, careers, family, and even things..."stuff." Sometimes we settle in our lives for this "stuff" rather that allowing God to use this space to honor Him and therefore filling every desire with an everlasting goodness!

Of all of these things that God working out in my life I have been particularly focused on the peace that He has provided. All of the stresses that are in my life, when examined, are found to be things that I {not God} brought into my life.  The little things in life that seem to pile up and make me want to hide my head in the ground are actually works of God! Yes, I believe He is using these things to teach me to be more peaceful.


In peace I will lie down and sleep,
   for you alone, LORD,
   make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8


Its just like I have mentioned before with trials in life, God can use everything in our lives to gain glory...if we let Him! I know that changes are coming for my family. Justin and I are standing together on faith that no matter what direction our lives are headed it is the perfect will of God. We are peaceful about the future. Actually we are kind of excited!

The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11



I don't want to mislead you and make you think that we never worry. Never have conversations that begin with, "What are we gonna do if..." because we do! We worry, we cry, we even stress. But that is when we pray and hold fast to Jeremiah 29:11 and know that
no matter where we live or work, 
no matter what we have to eat, 
no matter how much gas cost,
no matter how our children preform in school, 
no matter how good our retrievers are trained,
no matter if all the clothes/dishes are washed, 
NO MATTER WHAT 
our lives are in His hands! 
It is the act of trusting, of acting on faith, that honors God and makes the harvest of our lives so pleasing to Him. I am working hard to act on faith and have peace today!

So my prayer today is the words of Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 

No comments: