Thursday, March 3, 2011

Relay for Life...

So it is that time of year again. To raise awareness for a cause that is very, very dear to me; cancer research. The American Cancer Society does a great job of raising money to fund research to help put an end to this terrible epidemic. I call it that not because of research figures that I have, but because of experience. Last night I began making a list of all of the people that I relay for. I sounds like a pitiful thing to say..."My father and daughter had cancer." But folks...that is just the tip of the iceberg for the ways that cancer has effected MY little ole life. I have grandparents, aunts, uncles, church family, and close friends who have been effected. That does not even count all of the people that we met through Carys' journey! I want to lead my children my example that you should not wait until someone you know is diagnosed to take action and you should ALWAYS work hard to help those who helped you in troubled time. So, if you must know THIS is why I Relay...

Our team...the Wilms Warriors are in the process of fundraising to try and meet our goal of $3000 this year. We are on our way and I MUST say thank you to everyone who has pitched in so far! If you would like you can visit our team page Wilms Warriors and sign up to be on our team. You do not have to live close to help in this way. You can raise funds and enter them all on-line. You can also follow this link to make a one-time donation to help us reach our goal.

Another way to help is to purchase one of our 2011 Team T-shirts. You can help us fight cancer with research $$, support those currently fighting the war with cancer, honor Carys Jo...all with a $10.00 t-shirt!



Full Back Design

Front Pocket Design
 If you would like to order a shirt, email me at cham4him@gmail.com asap. We will be ordering soon. They come in Youth M-L and Adult S-XL for $10. Adult 2XL-3XL are $12 each.

If you can please help us support this cause we hold so dear!

No comments: