Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Words of My Mouth

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

I cannot remember exactly when I learned this verse. What I do remember is the thousands of time I have prayed it. I have taught it to my kids. And I have hid it in my heart.

It is in my Sunday School lesson this week. The title is "God Revealed" how strange that a few weeks ago my heart was burdened to purchase the book my David Nassar "Glory Revealed" and that I am teaching Sunday School this week! Bet it will be interesting...

Anyhow, the past month has been one of the strangest times of my life. I cannot remember being on such an emotional roller-coaster ride. UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN!

I know that God has very specific plans for me. I just am not sure of what they are. Yes, I am aware now more than ever that this is what faith is. Believing and not knowing "how" something is going to happen...just that it will.

I am sorry if you guys are tired of reading this over and over (who am I kidding, more than likely I am writing to myself:) I think one challenge that God is putting before me is to keep my mouth shut. I cannot disclose all that I am going though, and that is VERY hard for a talker/writer like me. I am longing for the day this is all over and I can share more.

I just feel like God is about to move. I do not know (nor can I comprehend) what that means. I have prayed and prayed and I have the "peace that passes all understanding." I am ready. Again, I don't know exactly what I am ready for, but I am ready. My prayer is simply that God will use me and that I will be ready, willing, and able to do what He requires of me. I know I can, Want to know how I know??

He has called many people in the Bible to do far harder things. Examples? Glad you asked!

Abraham, He asked Abraham to sacrifice his ONLY child. I have not been asked to do this.

Moses' parents, He asked them to give up their child as well.

The Children of Israel, He made a way for them that only He could make and they crossed without fear!

Noah, He asked him to do something that caused EVERYONE to think bad of him. He had NO friends except his family and GOD! God has not asked me to give up those around me who love me.

Daniel, God called him to stand up for what was right no matter the cost. I have not been asked to give up my life.

The Three Hebrew Children (I refuse to try and spell their names!) They too faced death for God's plan.

The important thing about all of these stories is to remember that we have hindsight, they did not. We know that these things worked out, but they had no way of knowing that outside of their own faith in God!

I do not know right now what the result will be, but I know that God loves me as much as He loved all of the above and that He will take care of me in just the same way...

I have another meeting today. I am not sure what all will happen, but I know that God's will shall come to pass. For my own self, I am praying these words...

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, oh Lord my Strength and my Redeemer..."

For that is all the power I have!
God Bless

No comments: