Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Days...

I sometimes wish I could make a TV show about our lives. Since I cannot, I will give you all a glimpse into our lives from yesterday. I pray my alliteration does the scene justice!

What a busy day it was. My first day with STUDENTS!! It was also a beautiful day. Fall was beginning to show its face through the light breeze and orange-tinted sunshine. Also, the absence of gnats and mosquitoes was a bonus! I decided to let the kids play outside until Justin got home. After the long Labor Day weekend, I really missed our together time.

I sat in a chair in the yard reading over my Sunday School lesson for this week. God's word never ceases to amaze me! God IS good, ALL the time!

Carys came and asked me if she could go inside and get some water and potato chips for Sawyer and herself to have a picnic. I knew how much they love picnics so I obliged her. As they begin, I hear their speech change and their pretend voices kick in. Carys asks Sawyer several questions in grown-up talk about what he likes and dislikes. Then, I hear the following conversation...

Sawyer: Miss Carys, do you eat your buggers?

Carys: Why no, not since last year.

Sawyer: Yeah, I just quit myself.

Carys: Oh good! You know that is all the stuff that your body thinks is too gross to stay in there so it kicks it out!

Sawyer: Yeah, it is just too gross for a 3 year-old to do!

I officially know the meaning of the phrase, "Roll on the floor laughing!"

So, I had a great first day. I have meet with the majority of my classes today. They seemed excited and responsive to the plans I have (which is always good.) I do not give them grades so I have to put the effort that would go into grading, into thinking of ways to keep them engaged and working.

Anyway, I love life! God is good!

3 comments:

James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...

Too funny! Kids are so cute. I hope you keep this one so you can share with them when they are older. They will never believe what they were saying- or admitting to doing!! ;)

Nikki Christian said...

ROFL for sure!!! That is too funny and cute for words! Ahhh the innocence of youth...LOL! Hope all is well...We'll be seing you all on Sunday for Homecoming - I can hardly wait!

Suttle Family said...

I love reading your posts here and on the Caring Bridge site. It was so wonderful to be reminded of God's grace and mighty power as I read the post from last year when Carys got the NED news! I love hearing what you are learning from the Lord. The God we serve is awesome! Love, Amy