Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving in Black and White

Psalm 126:3
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!
This year we have SO much to be thankful for. Sawyer was so excited in this picture! This is how I feel every morning I wake up and realize that there are no doctor's visits today, this week ,and sometimes this month! God has blessed our faithfulness. I must stop and consider...If He can heal Carys as a result of our Prayers and perhaps a change in our hearts, what types of things is He WAITING to do for us in our everyday lives if we will just BELIEVE!

Look at her, you can see the JOY in her eyes. Many things about Carys changed as a result of chemo. Her once bright-blue eyes changed to dull grey. I am thankful that the shiny baby-blues have returned! That is a blessing any parent can appreciate!

Deuteronomy 11:7
But it was your own eyes that saw all these great things the LORD has done!

Thank You Lord!


Sawyer, my sweet son! He too has endured much during these times. We tried our best to keep things normal for him. But he spent a lot of time with friends and family (I thank God EACH day for all of you!) when we were at the hosptial with Carys. Through it all, he has been a pretty "big boy" as he likes to say. Now that we are all back home and in a more normal routine, he has stolen my heart! He is so loving and he melts my heart at least once per day!
Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
Thank You Lord!


Then, there is Justin. I am sure he will be mad for me posting this picture. But I MUST thank God for the blessing of him as my husband. I think hard times either drive marriages appart, or make the bond closer. We have grown closer. We knew God ordained our love, even when others doubted! But now, it has been proven! He is the MOST loving father ever! He was there for Carys each step of the way, never forgeting Sawyer and me.
Thank You Lord!

Both Blessings!

Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name!




Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart


Psalm 40
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.
6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

2 comments:

James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...

Beautiful pictures. You know, God knows how we will handle various situations before we are even faced with them. We, however can never imagine how we will deal. I know that he has been very pleased with how the Cottinghams faced the challenges and chose to rise above them...even though He already knew you would. Through the circumstances life through you guys, you clung to Christ and allowed Him to shine through you. There is not a week that goes by that I don't thank God for the miracle He worked with Carys. It is because of Him, she was healed. It is because of your faithfulness and belief in Him that He held you tightly and drew your family closer together. For these things, we should all be thankful. I love you guys!

The Cottingham Family said...

Alison,
I am so THANKKFUL for you and your family. You have truly been a blessing in my life. You have also been an inspiration to me and my family.
Love you guys,
Meg