Saturday, December 6, 2008

SEC...15 Years and Counting!

In 1994 my Grandpa Mike started a great family tradition. He treated his 5 sons and sons-in law to a Christmas Present, a trip to the SEC Championship! And we have been EVERY year since then! Last year, the Cottinghams were unable to attend beacuse of Carys' battle. So, this year was well over-due and we have had a GREAT time. For me, Alabama's loss made the trip even sweeter! If Auburn cannot be here, the next best thing is seeing Alabama lose! Sorry all my UA friends. I LOVE you all but I had a BAD week last week after the Auburn loss to UA! Lots of "jokes" thrown my way!

A lot has changed in our family since 1994! There are now 6 more kids now! Also, I think it is bittersweet for all of us that my dad is not here to enjoy the party. He was afterall, the LIFE of the party!! But we know he would be proud of our family and the FUN that we have!

I want to say a BIG thanks to my Grandpa Mike and Grandma Pauline! We LOVE you both and have such a great time EVERY year on our Atlanta trip!

Here are the best of this years pics!

Every year we eat at Pappadeaux's Restraunt on Friday night. The food is divine! This is me and Carys waiting for our supper!

















Justin and I wating for our yummy meal!















Carys looking at the Lobster Tank at Pappadeax's


Sawyer and Cousin Dylan hang out at the hotel with my "nephew" Bruiser.




Brooke and Me on the Marta.

Brooke and Tasha take a break for a pic in front of the GA Dome.






Brooke in her Houndstooth! Better look now, you are not seeing this much Bama stuff EVER again!






Go Lori Go! Proof we will do ANYTHING for a Free T-shirt!







Former SEC Players!






















Okay, this is my CRAZY Brother and Sister! Chance and Tasha were VERY excited to see Bama in Atlanta. Sorry that you painted your faces for nothing!!!
Look on the bright side...I still LOVE YOU!!

I can HARDLY wait till next year!

1 comment:

James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...

There is not an Iron Bowl weekend that comes around that my mom and I don't talk about the year we all wayched it together at my parent's house. The combination of you and mama (2 extrmemes, one Alabama fan and one Auburn fan...die hards at that) still makes us laugh!! Hey, I am jsut proud that we were able to grow leaps and bounds from last year. You gotta give it to us, it was a LONG time coming!! Roll Tide Roll!!!!