Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sad News for BCJHS

I am sure you have all heard by now that the old Bibb County Junior High School burned yesterday. I was really a sad time. Somber was the atmopshere among the student body here at BCHS. I heard on student say, "So many memories. My first kiss was at that school." Never mind there was to be no P.D.A. (public displays of affection) at school...

I have lots of pictures and I will post them soon. It is a total loss and what remains of the building will have to be torn down after the investigations.

Thankfully, the building was empty as the students moved to Centreville Middle this school year. There were a few offices located there, and they were able to evacuate quickly. The Alternative school and the technology directors were located in adajacent buildings and as far as I know, all of their equipment was safe.

I will post pictures later.

No comments: