Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Celabration

Carys Jo Cottingham was diagnosed with Wilms Tumor (stage IV) on October 12, 2007.
On October 11, 2008 we Celabrated! The Celabration was in honor of her Fight and her Victory!

This is Carys with all of her grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparent present at the party.

This is Carys with all of her friends! Thank you all so much for helping us celabrate!

This is Sawyer with his face painted. They all had so much fun!


Carys had her face painted like a CAT! What a beautiful cat she was!



Carys' Grammy awarded her a Badge of Courage for her bravery this past year. It is just like the one the Wizard gave the Cowardly Lion in "The Wizard of Oz"

Carys the CAT and her Pop!

I decorated the Cake Table with pictures of Carys throughout her journey. This is a shot of her in late January 2008; about 2 weeks after surgery.



This is one of Carys' cakes. Yes, me and my mother made them. I tried the Cancer Ribbon about 3 times before getting it right.


And the poka-dots!


We had a great time working with the fondant icing. It was a job! I think they turned out nice. Just call in your cake orders! LOL!











2 comments:

Miranda said...

I can't imagine all the ups and downs you have faced this year. This was a well deserved celebration for you and your family.

0 said...

I'm glad Carys finally got to enjoy her party!! The cakes look great, I'd hire you!! You are such a dedicated Mom!! Hope all continues to go well. ~Karen