Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Afternoon at Home...

It is almost like I can feel summer ending. I have to admit, I am more than ready for some aspects of fall {particularly mums, the evening sun, football, and slightly lower temps.} But others, particularly the increase of the pace with the start of school, I am not so ready to welcome.

We spent a wonderful afternoon/evening at home. It was lovely. I had a full supper planned, but Justin convinced me {okay, okay he did not have to twist my arm} to change to chicken fingers and fruit for the kids and a la carte for the two of us. This allowed me more time to sit outside and enjoy the view, the animals, and the family!


I got an email yesterday asking if we still had chickens.


Well, YES!
And, turkeys! I enjoyed just setting on the ground and watching the chickens {and turkeys} peck the ground. Aside from my kids, shooting nature {both wild and domesticated} is my favorite!
After our river trip the other day, Justin's truck needed washing. The kids were very excited to help...
Brother got soap...
Brother washed...

Sister rinsed.


Sister rinsed Brother, and thought is was SO funny!


Sister can dish it out, but it is another story when Daddy turns the water on her!

And, just so that you know we are not child-slave drivers, here is Daddy washing the truck.

No comments: