Sunday, June 27, 2010

This and That...

We have been going non-stop around here! I mean really, non-stop.

I am so blessed and content with life right now. I mean, I would love to have a break from graduate school, but that is a part of life that will not go on forever and ever, so, I shall Endeavor to Preserver!

But in every other aspect of life, I am so blessed there are not words. My kids are growing up so fast. Sawyer and Carys we talking about God's love and power today. It blesses by soul to hear them talking about such things on their own and with such accuracy.

We had a nice visit to the Cahaba this weekend. The kids are just old enough to enjoy the water and for us to stay a few hours. We were equipped with beach umbrella's and lounge chairs. The kids loved swimming and playing in the river. With the water and the shade we were able to stay cool. Beside getting to enjoy our lovely Cahaba, we also had the pleasure of seeing four bald eagles. I got some shots of them, but even with the longest lens I had, they are a bit blurry. I will post them later. It was a awesome experience!

It was a bittersweet day as well. It was our last family outing with our best friend Bill {for a while}. He is gone to the trainer for a month. Yes, as the kids would say, THIRTY DAYS! Although we know he is in good hands, we miss him terribly!

I noticed this is my 199th post. I will have to develop a good one for #200!

I have accomplished a lot this weekend. I've been working on school work, Justin and I trimmed all the hedge bushes, I made pickles, and put up a 5 gallon bucket of corn. Its all in a day's work {make that a weekend's work} for a country gal!

No comments: