Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Could Someone Please STOP the Coaster...

So that I might get off!

I feel as though I have been on a non-stop roller coaster ride for the past few weeks. I am not sure what all will make it in this post, just know it will be random!

College, a have moments where I think a graduate degree is WAY over rated. I know this is not true, its just a passing thought. I have spent the past few days staying up until midnight to try and complete all of the necessary assignments for my three courses. Two are totally on-line. Now, if you have never taken an on-line course, let me explain. Everything is written. All class discussions, written. All projects, written. You would think as much as I love to blog and participate in on-line communities replying to comments would be easy. Not so. I find myself obsessing over every verb (is that in the passive voice), every formatting issues (should I put that word in bold type?), everything!

When I signed up for these courses my objective was FINISH AND FINISH FAST. That was, excuse my language, stupid! {both of my children would shun me for using that word!} Now, in the mist of the work I remember my over all Graduate school goal; to have a 4.0. Somehow, I don' think that will happen if I continue to overload myself. I thought it would be easier to complete one extra course while I was not working. What I was not thinking about, was the fact that I am working the summer. It is more difficult to keep a house clean when you have three people living in it ALL day than when they are gone to school. There are more dishes, more clothes, more trash, and more toys everywhere. SO, I think I am going to drop one of the courses and take it again at a later time. :) I am smiling just thinking about it!

I have so much to share about Justin's birthday weekend, the kids summer fun, and more. I just don't have the time right now. Maybe later today...

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

Hope your summer gets less stressful! :)