Monday, December 14, 2009

Mary and her Donkey...

I cannot believe that I am saying this, but PLEASE do not tell Sawyer that the donkey from the nativity scene in not ACTUALLY mentioned in scripture. I mean, it would break his little heart as he did not see himself as an invented part of the story, but a definite main character! I am praying that he can use the costume again at Easter when the donkey was most assuredly part of the story. We have an awesome Easter book that ties the donkey that carried Jesus into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday to the donkey that "supposedly" carried Mary into Jerusalem; it is an awesome story!

A big thanks is in order! Mrs. Jenny, with the wonderful help of her co-director (and child actor wrangler!) Carla, put together an all-star cast for our annual reading of the Christmas story. It was of special importance to me this year that my kids are reminded that this is NOT just a STORY, but real historical events that took place.

"The Whole Crew"

The Kings from the East

The sheep who came with the shepherds.

They did an awesome job!

Another glimpse at the Royal Family
Then, during fellowship we had a special guest appearance. From Elvis! He did a very special rendition of "Blue Christmas" Justin Tidwell did an awesome job, but I was looking for the jumpsuit!!?? Oh yes and those are his body guards in the background!

No comments: