Thursday, February 18, 2010

Overwhelmed...:D

I found this picture when I Googled "overwhelmed"...

I must admit that I have been feeling this way lately! Work - is busy, Home - is busy, and School (as in UA) is busy. But, I am mostly blessed.

It is such a strange feeling, really. The human part of me is worn-slap out. To deny that would be crazy and dishonest. Plus, it seems that I become anemic once-per-month (if you catch my drift) causing plain ole fatigue to set in. I am guessing this is a feeling that most of us have. If not, you need to leave me a comment and tell me your secret!!

But then, there's my spirit. That part of me is full of determination and drive. It keep pushing me to do better, be better. And that is what keeps me going.

Here is an example of this morning.... Carys and Sawyer slept in the living room last night so they were pretty easy to wake up. I had to shower, wash/dry my hair which takes even more time. Then I had to pack snacks, get the kids dressed (thankfully their clothes were already laid out). I had to take the dog out, feed the dog, and then put him in the pen. Then once I got all of this done, we were late - like 20 minutes. I still had not checked on the baby chicks, so I dropped the kids off and checked on them. Some were dead, it got to cold! Then I realize I don't have my phone. So, I swung back by the house and grabbed my phone. At this point, I look around the house and think, Oh My! It looks much messier when there is not movement in there and you can see all the STUFF! Then my mind goes to "oh I can clean this weekend." WRONG! I have class at UA this weekend Friday and Saturday! So, I attempted to be down in the dumps.

But again, the spirit within me just would not let me! I kept thinking about how blessed I am. Beyond compare! Yesterday before church Carys (yes, all 50 lbs of her) fell asleep in my lap. I loved it! Even though it was killing my arm after about 5 minutes. I loved it. How blessed am I to have her, an in perfect health! I suppose it was because I got the news of the not-so-perfect news of our friends Carly and Hannah Grace yesterday. So, I held her. It was a great moment. So I thought of that.

I thought of how smart and absolutely hilarious Sawyer is. The other day we were driving and Sawyer said we were going the wrong way to Tuscaloosa (cause we were headed to Alabaster:) Justin asked him how did he know we were going the wrong way. He replied, "Daddy I just use my bone and think about it." He immediately started laughing and corrected himself and said he ment he used his brain to think! Also, I was giving him an IQ test the other day. On the verbal part he was identifying pictures of objects. I flipped to a picture of a cactus and he (very confidently) answered, "Its a cashew!" with a huge smile! Absolutely hilarious!

Then I thought of the "getaway" Justin and I had last weekend! It was the most perfect trip anyone could ask for! God blessed us with time together in one of our favorite places on earth, the most PERFECT weather we could ask for {the mountains are breathtaking with snow}, and just an overall good time. We had not been away alone since the kids were born. We were blessed with family who {for the most part:} took care of the kids with no reservations (love ya mom!)

All of this coupled with the undeniable Love of my Heavenly Father is enough to keep me going! So, in the words of Paul...I will press on to finish the race set before me:)

God Bless you all! If you have any stress relief tips feel free to comment about them:)

Philippians 3:14

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

Glad you and Justin were able to have your get-away! RIP baby chicks....how sad :(

Your mornings sound a bit like mine :)