Thursday, May 21, 2009

One more day...

and school will be out for Summer! I can hardly wait. This last week has been interesting. I have a thousand loose ends to tie. I suspect that I will spend some time working out everything the summer. I have big plans for my classes for next year. I think the only way it will all work-out is to plan, plan, plan!

My Mother-In-Law lectured me about adding chicken pictures and not pictures of the kids. I am going to "try" and get some good shots of the kids this weekend. I am going to shop for them a few outfits for the beach that will make lovely pictures. We are very excited about our trip to the beach. I wanted to give a thank you to our friend Kimberly B. who's condo we are staying in. We have rented from her for years and love renting from a hometown person. Her website it www.kimberlyscondos.com check her out if you are planning to head to the coast some time.

The kids are exceptional. This weekend we are starting a new reward/chore/behavior system! Notice the order I put them in:) I have awesome kids. For the most part they are well-behaved and well-mannered. We do have some issues with Sawyer and his temper, but for the most part they are good. however, they are NOT neat! I realize that it is my job to teach them these skills even if I do not like to do it myself. So, we are going to start our new system. I am sure it will work for Carys as she has always worked well for rewards. Sawyer, I am not so sure.... We are going to do a lot of talking about what type of reward he wants...it is going to have to be good!

Also, I want to make sure that they get in some "school" work this summer. Carys needs to work on some math like sorting and addition and continue learning more phonics skills for reading. She graduated from K-4 preschool this week! Next year she will be in Kindergarden at CCA. She is very excited and so am I. I know that she loves to learn and she will have a blast. She found out that her friend Mali is going to be in her class and they are so happy!

For anyone who does care the chickens are great and we are getting some really great eggs. They are getting bigger and bigger! I have hatched two batches lately and I am in the process of selling most of them. Raising any type of baby animal is a lot of work. But I really enjoy it and I know that the kids are learning a lot. We have 3 duck eggs due to hatch on Sunday. One started piping (the beginning stages of hatching) this morning. I was surprised but then found out that it can take up to 3 days for them to hatch. We must be very patient!

Love and Prayers to you All~

No comments: