Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Brave Member of the Family...

Although I think it would take a lot to knock Carys Jo out of the "bravest person I know" category, Sawyer decided to try out for the leading role. Well, I suppose it was not something he tried to do...but you get the picture.

Wednesday, I arranged for Justin's mom to pick Sawyer up from school. I had a nail appointment and she did me a great favor. Sawyer's Pop was very excited to spend the afternoon with him and they did all sorts of "boy stuff" as Carys would call it. One of these things was to feed the horses. After Pop put the feed out for one of them, Sawyer decided to try and pet the horse {who was eating} on the nose. Well...the horse thought Sawyer was trying to get his food so he snapped at him. Caught in the crossfire was Sawyer's right hand.

A couple of painful shots, five stitches, lots of gauze, and some pain medicine later he is doing well. This was what his hand looked like when wrapped.

This was Sawyer's setup before I left for church last night. He was all comfy with his pj's, blanket, pillow for a prop, chicken noodle soup, and coke in an UA cup. He took the doctor very serious when he told him to keep it elevated. At first, he was holding it straight in the air! We finally convinced him that the doctor meant to prop it up, not hold it over his head.
He had a good night and so far a good day. He was a little disappointed when I told him he could not go to school because he wanted to tell the story to his friends...He will be fine, just keep him {and his fingers} in your prayers! P.S. pics are from my phone.

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

Aww poor baby, I hope it heals very soon!