Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tragedy and Paradise

Okay, you must know that I am VERY emotional as I write {and title} this post.

I do understand that there are MUCH worse things in the world that what has happened to me. I really do.

HOWEVER...

I just lost about 800 pictures from a camera card. "Most" of them I have in other places such as shutterfly or the computer. But the 200 or so from the past two weeks are GONE, FOREVER. {sob}

I was trying to upload the pictures from Carys' Kindergarten Spelling Bee and Relay for Life {sob,sob} I needed to clean up my card so that I could have plenty of space for the BEACH pictures as we are leaving this afternoon for Gulf Shores.

I was going to prepare the wonderful post from the spelling bee and relay. {sob}

I am not as ask why kinda girl, but why oh why did it have to be my baby girl's memories that were lost? I have decided to list {here} what I know I lost. Then, I am going to put this behind me so that we can enjoy the rest of the week-end!

Carys and Ben at the spelling bee. Not only did I loose my pictures of Carys, but I was also taking pictures of Ben that are, well gone! {sob}

I lost a GREAT preggo picture of my best gal Mira who is {sob,sob} going to have her baby TOMORROW while I am gone {sob, sob}. Mira and Justin, I am going to do a full on newborn shoot when we get back {if you will allow me to!!!!} I also loss some super cute pictures of Jenna who is going to be a BIG sister...did I mention I won't be there?!?!?!

I also lost a valued picture of the kids with my MawMaw Bea. She will be 87 this year and every picture of them with her is precious.{sob}

Every year at Relay for Life, I take picture of Carys in her "survivor" t-shirt. It is such a precious thing for me to see the word SURVIVOR plastered across her back! Not to mention the wave of emotion that I get when I see that it is the SMALLEST shirt there. I also had pictures of Carys, Justin, and myself walking the survivor lap...another emotional moment.

Okay, I am done sobbing. It will NOT bring the pictures back. I know there is a REASON this has happened. I am now headed off for a wonderful weekend with my precious family. I will be sure to take LOTS of pictures, and {Lord willing:} will post them here for you to see!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I totally understand your current mood the same thing happened to me with my engagement and 30th birthday photos. But I bet you have some wonderful friends who may not have your exact photos but some others that are close. And maybe a chance to make more memories by revisiting your Maw Maw. You never know, God may be trying to send you back into a certain direction. Maybe even to give you a better photo or a new memory. Saying all of this, I still understand your loss, but for some reason I think you will find a reason for this loss. Hugs!!!